Welcome to the Official VietACT Intern Blog! It provides an opportunity for the current VietACT Intern to engage in a dialogue with our members, the community, and those interested in our efforts and fight against human trafficking. This blog will feature updates and observations from the shelter in Taiwan, thoughts and feelings from the current VietACT Intern, as well as news updates and information about human trafficking in general. Thanks for visiting!


Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It was a super hot and super quiet day at work. I found Cha Hung laying on the floor with his arms sprawled out. He had his eyes closed. I went, "Cha Hung! Are you okay?" He peered at me with one eye open, the other eye closed and said, "Oh, I'm just really tired."

I wish a bad day at the office meant that the internet is down, the air conditioner doesn't work, and everyone is cranky. The truth is: the internet is down, the air conditioner doesn't work, everyone is cranky and then there's the added stress of dealing with the victims. It has been, undoubtedly, a bad day at work and my emotions are haywire.

When someone asked what I'm going to be doing when I get back to the States, I told her my plans, hopes, and what I plan on taking from Taiwan back with me. She told me that she was touched. I hope the people at home will be too.

"If you take a look around, everyone one of us, you, me, people home in the States, we are the faces of human trafficking."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because we are all hurt by it."

No comments: