Welcome to the Official VietACT Intern Blog! It provides an opportunity for the current VietACT Intern to engage in a dialogue with our members, the community, and those interested in our efforts and fight against human trafficking. This blog will feature updates and observations from the shelter in Taiwan, thoughts and feelings from the current VietACT Intern, as well as news updates and information about human trafficking in general. Thanks for visiting!


Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Thanks to my lovely friends in the States and the care package they sent me with 18 pairs of two-tone socks, I was able to teach the ladies how to make sock monkeys implementing key words we've learned in our weekly English classes such as "monkey" "head" and "eye"





I went out and bought oil pastels, watercolors, poster paint and paper during the week we learned colors and emotions ("I miss Viet Nam").

One of my favorite students drew this and implemented phrases she learned in class:



Here are some brokers eating up all the money:



Here is a pastel I drew of Cha Hung:

No comments: