Welcome to the Official VietACT Intern Blog! It provides an opportunity for the current VietACT Intern to engage in a dialogue with our members, the community, and those interested in our efforts and fight against human trafficking. This blog will feature updates and observations from the shelter in Taiwan, thoughts and feelings from the current VietACT Intern, as well as news updates and information about human trafficking in general. Thanks for visiting!


Saturday, August 04, 2007

Vanessa warned me that it'll take a month before the women here will start to open up to me. Well, Day Four of the internship caught me by surprise. A women came to me and asked if I could help her with her voice recorder. This voice recorder contains proof that her husband repeatedly beats her and yell at her very harshly. Unfortunately, when I played the mp3 for her, nothing was recorded. She began to tell me how her husband mistreated her everyday. She wanted so bad to recapture those moments inorder to show the court her situation. It really is unfortunate that she couldn't record anything. And now she won't have the chance to do so again.

* FYI: Her voice recorder lights up whenver it is on. She was afraid her husband would see it, so she wrapped paper around it and hid it in her pocket as he yelled and beats her around. I personally think she must have pressed the wrong button because she herself could not physically see that voice recorder.

Cha Hung is currently dealing with her situation right now, so we'll see what happens in the next week or so.

On a more pleasant note, three of the women here took me out to buy a Mah Jong set. It was the first time I got to walk around from where I intern. I had the chance to get to know these three much better. They are quite funny. It's histerical with them~! Anyways, I hope to use this Mah Jong set to not only teach the women the game itself but to learn numbers as well (in English of course). So far, their hands are itching to play each time!

Well, I got injured (minor scratches) today by slipping on the volleyball court. It was raining, but despite the water, we STILL PLAYED!!! As a result, SOMEBODY had to get injured right? :(

Well, dinner is over and the women here are playing again - So I will go join them!

Take Care Everyone!

No comments: